Posts tagged with Billie Joe Armstrong
She’s one of my favorite singers in the world. If they made a car called Kathleen Hanna, I would drive one.
Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day (via hannahorovitz)
MTVRock: Ad Dan asks: Who were your musical influences growing up and how have they affected your music?
Mike Dirnt: There’s a Road Rules Dork in the room trying to hang out…
Tre Cool: I like anything that doesn’t suck
Billie Joe: I like Bob Mould…Crimpshrine…lately I like Bikini Kill.
Tre Cool: which is practically nothing
Billie Joe: and a little Pretenders.
Tre Cool: I like Fisher Price music, nursery rhymes, and the alphabet song
Mike Dirnt: I second the notion.
MORE PROOF THAT BILLIE JOE HAD/HAS A MAJOR CRUSH ON KATHLEEN HANNA
- There is a Pinhead Gunpowder song called “Kathleen.”
- In the Green Day song “Reject,” there is the lyrics “reject all-American.”
“Reject All-American” is both a song and an album by Kathleen’s band Bikini Kill.
(Bikini Kill’s album came out in April 1996; Nimrod didn’t come out until October 1997, and hadn’t even started being recorded until May 1997).
- Every time I think of the Green Day song “She’s a Rebel,” I think of the song “Rebel Girl” by Bikini Kill.
- Ms. Hanna is the opening vocals to (Green Day song) “Letterbomb,” after all.
- …Who doesn’t love Kathleen Hanna?